Apartment 8, Kingsmeadows House,
Peebles, Scottish Borders, EH45 9HR.
An exceptional Grade B Listed Georgian first floor apartment with three bedrooms and an abundance of period features set in 17 acres of grounds on the banks of the river Tweed and just a short walk from the Royal Burgh of Peebles.
Please note that the below furnished images have been virtually staged.
Property Details & Description
Kitchen, Living Room, Three Bedrooms, Family Bathroom.
Access to 17 acres of grounds on the banks of the Tweed with mature woodlands and landscaped gardens. Off-street parking – parking isn’t allocated but there are 20 spaces in total for the 12 apartments.
Edinburgh 24 miles, Dalkeith 22 miles, Biggar 19 miles, Galashiels 19 miles, Peebles High Street 0.6 miles.
Apartment 8, Kingsmeadows House is situated in a beautiful location about 0.5 mile southeast of the Royal Burgh of Peebles on the banks of the river Tweed. Peebles is a hugely popular market town with a population of around 9000. Amenities within Peebles include the Eastgate Theatre and Arts Centre, a swimming pool, the Gytes Leisure Centre, independent retailers, popular restaurants as well as national supermarkets and shops. The town also benefits from a health centre, dentists, banks and vets as well as well-regarded primary and secondary schools.
For those with an interest in country pursuits fishing, hill walking, mountain biking (Glentress Forest), horse riding and golfing are all on the doorstep. Peebles is also well-known for hosting festivals throughout the course of the year including the week-long Beltane Festival, the Tweedlove Bike Festival, an Arts Festival, an Agricultural Festival and the Rugby Sevens.
Peebles is well placed for those looking to live in a semi-rural location whilst being within a commutable distance of Edinburgh city centre, which is just a 24-mile drive away, and a frequent bus service provides access to the Capital as well as other local towns. The A703 provides easy access to the Edinburgh City Bypass.
Apartment 8 is set within a beautiful B listed mansion house ‘Kingsmeadow House’ originally constructed in 1795 for British Baronet and Banker Sir John Hay. In 2015 this impressive property was sensitively converted into 12 apartments over four floors, the only 3 bedroom one of which is Apartment 8. Each apartment is highly functional due to its contemporary design whilst exuding character and charm due to the retention of an abundance of original period features.
The apartment is situated on the first floor and comprises of three bedrooms, a good size dual aspect living room with woodburning stove, a kitchen designed by Kitchens International and a family bathroom with a separate shower cubicle.
The house sits within an estate of about 17 acres just off the banks of the river Tweed. Residents are free to enjoy the mature woodlands and have exclusive use of the landscaped gardens at its centre. Parking isn’t allocated but there are 20 spaces for the 12 apartments.
Viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Rettie & Co, 1 Abbey Street, Melrose TD6 9PX. Tel: 01896 824 070
For the benefit of those with satellite navigation the property’s postcode is EH45 9HR.
(please download the application “what3words” for the exact location)
Fixtures and Fittings
The following should be noted:
(i) Fitted carpets are included in the sale.
(ii) Curtains and blinds are included in the sale.
(iii) Light fittings are included in the sale.
Entry & Possession
Entry and vacant possession will be by mutual agreement and arrangement.
Mains electricity and water.
Private drainage to a septic tank.
Mains gas fired central heating.
Scottish Borders Council, Council HQ, Newtown Street, St Boswells, Melrose TD6 0SA. Tel: 0300 100 1800. Email: email@example.com.
A Home Report incorporating a Single Survey, Energy Performance Certificate and Property Questionnaire is available for parties genuinely interested in this property. Please contact us, either by telephone or via the website entry for this property, to request a copy. No charge is made for electronic copies; a paper copy can also be made available from our offices or by post, at a charge of £20 to cover reproduction and administrative costs.
Offers should be submitted in Scottish Legal Form to the selling agents Rettie & Co at 11 Wemyss Place, Edinburgh, EH3 6DH and Rettie & Co, 1 Abbey Street, Melrose TD6 9PX. Tel: 01896 824 070
Servitude Rights, Burdens & Wayleaves
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all servitude rights, burdens, reservations and wayleaves including rights of access and rights of way, whether public or private, light, support, drainage, water and wayleaves for masts, pylons, stays, cable, drains and water, gas and other pipes whether contained in the title deeds or informally constituted and whether or not referred to above.
Particulars and Plans
These particulars and plan are believed to be correct, but they are in no way guaranteed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale or entitle any party to compensation nor in any circumstances give grounds for action at law.
Websites and Social Media
This property and other properties offered by Rettie & Co can be viewed on our website at www.rettie.co.uk as well as our affiliated websites at www.rightmove.co.uk, www.onthemarket.com and www.thelondonoffice.co.uk.
In addition, our social media platforms are Facebook.com – RettieTownandCountry; Twitter.com – RettieandCo; Instagram and LinkedIn.
Proof and Source of Funds/Anti Money Laundering
Under the HMRC Anti Money Laundering legislation all offers to purchase a property on a cash basis or subject to mortgage require evidence of source of funds. This may include evidence of bank statements/funding source, mortgage or confirmation from a solicitor the purchaser has the funds to conclude the transaction.
All individuals involved in the transaction are required to produce proof of identity and proof of address. This is acceptable either as original or certified documents.
1. The property is sold with all faults and defects, whether of condition or otherwise and neither the seller nor Rettie & Co, the selling agent, are responsible for such faults and defects, nor for any statement contained in the particulars of the property prepared by the said agent.
2. The Purchaser(s) shall be deemed to acknowledge that he has not entered into contact in reliance on the said statements, that he has satisfied himself as to the content of each of the said statements by inspection or otherwise and that no warranty or representation has been made by the seller or the said agents in relation to or in connection with the property.
3. Any error, omission or misstatement in any of the said statements shall not entitle the purchaser(s) to rescind or to be discharged from this contract, nor entitle either party to compensation or damages nor in any circumstances to give either party any cause for action.
Rettie & Co, their clients and any joint agents give notice that:
1. They are not authorised to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property either in writing or by word of mouth. Any information given is entirely without responsibility on the part of the agents or the sellers. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact.
2. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive and it should not be assumed that the property remains as photographed. Any error, omission or misstatement shall not annul the sale, or entitle any party to compensation or recourse to action at law. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents, including for its current use. Rettie & Co. have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise and ought to seek their own professional advice.
3. All descriptions or references to condition are given in good faith only. Whilst every endeavour is made to ensure accuracy, please check with us on any points of especial importance to you, especially if intending to travel some distance. No responsibility can be accepted for expenses incurred in inspecting properties which have been sold or withdrawn.